MIDTEL is committed to continuing to provide the most reliable and robust communications services to our customers. We are considered an Essential Service and will continue to operate under the Governor’s Stay at Home Order.
MIDTEL recently equipped the Summit Town Hall with free Wi-Fi in partnership with municipalities and community partners for various locations throughout our service territory.
Please be aware for SCAMMERS who may claim to be MIDTEL and contact you to collect past due balances or threaten to disconnect your service. MIDTEL never demands payment through the use of a prepaid debit card. Scammers may also try to obtain personal information, including Social Security numbers, bank routing numbers or other personal information. Report suspicious activity to local law enforcement and call us at 518.827.5211 or 877.827.5211. Additionally please find details regarding specific COVID-19 SCAMS from our New York Attorney General, the Federal Trade Commission and the Federal Communications Commission.
Due to the current and evolving Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, the following changes will remain in effect:
- The Business Office lobby will remain closed until further notice.
- MIDTEL will address the possibility of opening on a week to week basis.
- Normal calls, emails and support calls/support chat can still be made as usual, as our Business Hours will not change.
- We will still be utilizing our drop box at 103 Cliff Street. Payments may be made over the phone or online as well.
- Our tech support service will still be available 24/7 by calling 518.296.4357.
Installations & Troubles
- All non-essential installations have been postponed until further notice.
- Essential installations (students, teachers, government workers, etc. with official ID) will still be performed. Internal installation work may need to be performed by the customer, with assistance from the technician over the phone or through the door/window.
- Service troubles will be handled, even after hours, to the side of the customers premise and to the best of our abilities internally.
- We will be utilizing our Website and Facebook page for ongoing information updates.
- Customers can also call during normal Business Hours to get current information.
For Coronavirus updates, please visit the New York State Department of Health or the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but the health and safety of our customers and staff is our top priority. We will continue to keep you updated and we thank you for your understanding.
Click here to read previous Coronavirus Updates.